Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It Was a Happy Monday!


I had such a good time with my friends that came over to play with me yesterday. Ok, so my friends were 7 years old. And my girls got to play too. But they WANTED to do crafty stuff with ME! I felt super special. I decided that we'd make molasses cookies & do some finger painting. While the girls were conveniently playing outside, my "adult" friend Julie & I pre-measured all the cookie ingredients to make it easier when the baking fun began.

Look at 'em. It's a total Charlie's Angels pose, but with some baking pizazz.




After we ate a cookie (or 3!) we spread out some paper & got to the paintin'! We used the Crayola Washable paints, which weren't as vibrant as the paints I'd used earlier. Not even sure where those came from. I'll have to find out. But they still had tons-o-creative-finger-fun! It seems a barnyard horsey theme was on everyone's mind.
Pazely & her masterpiece...

Zoey & her farm...

O" & her wonderful giant barn, complete with hay snacks for the horse...
And "L" & her farm animal friends!


I politely asked Julie to participate in some jumpy fun. She kindly obliged. Thanks Jules!


Before the girls left I wrapped up some cookies with plastic baggies & twine for each of them. Could I look any happier? I think not. And "O" said she'd like to be my number one fan. I gladly accepted her adoration. Oh what fun! I can't wait to do it again!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait for playdates when I don't have to change someone's diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! :0) The weather looks nice there! Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great day with fun had by all. Those little ladies are so cute, concentrating on their works of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I would love to have a fingerpainting day with my kids, but my son, who would gladly run outside with no shoes on and splash in every mud puddle available, will not touch fingerpaint because it is "too messy." When I was trying to do handprints with the kids, he insisted on drawing a hand with a brush rather than stamping his hand on the paper. Ah well, to each his own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I'm sure you girls had such fun! I can't wait until I have little children of my own so we can have playdates. So much fun! :)

    You are really inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear that I'm not the only mom who enjoys playdates with her daughter's friends sooooo much! It's always such a blast...Like getting to do it all over again from when we were small!
    There is always baking and crafting, too--which make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like fun! My friend Carla makes her own finger paint for her kids...here's the link:
    http://carlaslittlethings.blogspot.com/2009/03/homemade-finger-paint.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I love seeing one of my aprons in action :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for art days and jump dates!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.