Thursday, April 16, 2009

{random}

This is what me & my girls were doing yesterday. Oh, & I painted some pots & am working on getting some plants all pretty-like for my yard. I also snuck off, while the girls were in school, to a coffee shop where I lounged on a couch, feet stretched out, while reading & sipping on an iced mocha.
All. By. Myself.
Heavenly.


Oh, & the MOPS moms liked the terrarium craft I taught on Tuesday. I didn't hear any complaints anyway. I did hear some gnome-envy over my little clay dude. All the little jar gardens looked so cute! As I was setting up my crafty stuff, some boys swarmed the table, immediately attracted to my stash of dirt & rocks!We had a speaker that day talk about gardening with kids. Oh how I wish I had more confidence to garden. I really want to take this nasty little patch of yardage in our back lot & have some gardening fun with the girls. This "nasty little patch of yardage" used to be, ironically, a garden. haha! That was BEFORE we moved in. The overgrown vines & trees & weeds had already claimed the territory. I might just have to get out there & get a little gardening action going on.

I've been DYING to share this website. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh. It's called Ninja words & it's just an online dictionary. But it's "A really fast dictionary....fast like a ninja". HAHA! I almost play it like a game, trying to type in words & stump it to see if it'll slow down. But it never does. It really is fast.

I flipped through my old journals & diaries the other day & found a list of things I wanted to do before I die. Seriously, this was on the list: "fight crime".


Jumpy Pics Gone Wrong:

Just recently learned how to cross out words on my blog (a.k.a. "strike through") Like this. Click HERE for easy instructions.

Did you know you can design your own fabric? At Spoonflower. Pretty cool.

I just wish someone would come over & show me how to use my video camera. Teach me how to not be a dummy. I really want to learn. This Etsy "How To: Getting Started in Video" series is really inspiring. It would be fun to stretch myself in this way.

I asked my 4 year old what she was going to name her new stuffed plushie puppy. She replied, "Either Baldy.....or Sophie."

I have felt so whiny lately: there is so much to do & I'm not getting anything done! Things to do, things to make, things to mail, ideas to create, people to write, stuff to organize...

Lately I've been reading myself to sleep: like a little kid with my flashlight under the sheets in bed. The Mr. HATES any lights while he snoozes.

Thank you for letting me entertain you with my random smorgasbord of WhiMSy love tidbits.

11 comments:

  1. I've always wondered how they do the strike through!

    Cute pic of you and the girls in the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day looked lovely. I'm so jealous...coffee? alone? You must have been fighting crime & earned that as your reward! Your terraniums are darling-did you get the idea from the movie Penelope? I kept hoping that they would zoom in on them in the movie. There you go, a smorgsbord comment to match your post! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to "crossing out words." I've wanted to learn how to do that!!

    Also, while you are handing out tips.. wanna share how you get a cute lil heart to show up?

    My hubby hates light, too. BUT, now that we have Elias, and I am breastfeeding, he has gotten used to it (because he HAS to!)
    :)
    I cheerfully hope you can get a fire under your butt to get those things done.
    best,

    Sylvia C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the strikethrough thingy-- I'd been hoping it was something simple but had been too lazy to google it!

    And hey, coming out of lurkiness to say that I'm a new subscriber... just found out I'll be the Creative Activities person for my MOPS group next year, my group that doesn't "do" crafts :) So anyways, I really appreciate the MOPS crafts and the feedback on them. I'll have to go hunt through your blog for more great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture. Thanks for the strike through info...always wanted to know how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the random goodness! I am particularly excited to create some original fabric! Whatcha readin'? Still in the "Twilight"? I want to see the movie soon ~ I think I'll go by myself, I too LOVE those ALONE times, glad you were able to partake! Don't feel crabby about all those 'must does' ~ write down ONE on a piece of paper each morn and do it that day, until it's all done ~ and you have a new list to replace it!;D Hee! Have a fantastic Thursday, and enjoy this sunshine ~ finally! CarrieSue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad we don't have video comments...because you're missing me jumping up and down like a teenager over your link for how to strike through. I see it often, and I wonder if I'm missing the bloggy boat because there's no button on my blogger toolbar to do that!

    Thanks, and I'm glad you got to enjoy some sunshine with your girls...and go get your hands in the earth. Even if you don't have the greenest thumb you'll still have a blast!

    Whew...that was a long comment1

    ReplyDelete
  8. "A really fast dictionary....fast like a ninja"I realize now that I have been looking for this all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, have been whiney and that is not like me. Must be in the air....or just too much to do! Loved your randomness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mishap jumpy pics, I've always wanted to know how all the smart bloggers were striking through stuff, and I love the chairs! Pink and green! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always wondered how to do that - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.