Wednesday, May 20, 2009

{wishin' flowers}

My girls call these "wishin' flowers'.


Adults hate them. Children love them.

HERE'S a link to a virtual dandelion. You can make your very own wish.


"these little earth stars....shimmering on the lawn." -E.P. Roe

HERE is great link for some dandelion fun with kids, featuring poems, recipes, crafts & more!

No time For Flash Cards shares a really cute dandelion craft with Q-tips.

HERE'S the proper way to pull dandelions.

The Crafty Crow shows you how to make a dandelion chain.

5 Orange Potatoes is on a quest to save their sunny yellow friends.

5 comments:

  1. My student from Colombia had never seen these before. She thinks they're beautiful & can't understand why adults don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually call them "Pusteblume" at home. That translates into something blowing flower, because you blow it away and you have to admit it is even fun for a grown up. Just pick somebody elses yard to do it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. My lawn is covered in dandelions.
    I dug them all out last summer and was left with a lawn with lots of holes in!
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog - pop on over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH a beautiful photo of a dandelion! Just want to blow it and watch my wishes carried away on the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby, daughter, and I think they're beautiful. Little bursts of sunshine....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.