Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The End of an Era.

I can't believe my 6 year old's existence as a Kindergartener ends in exactly 21 minutes. She'll be a 1st grader in the Fall. Wow, that is such a big deal to me. I think I may cry. Now. And then.
We're going to celebrate tonight by having the girls experience their FIRST EVER movie at a theater! (The movie? Up.) Mr. WhiMSy love is nervous that our soon-to-be 5 year old will be crawling under seats & eating random bits of candy stuck to the floor, or even other people's popcorn. I think they'll be fine.
Gotta run. My big girl awaits.

6 comments:

  1. I'm feeling you on this one. My daughter graduated Kindergarten last week. It was painful. I'm super sensitive (oh, and pregnant), so I had to control myself. I want to go see Up, too with my monkeys. I heard it's really good. Let the blog world know what you think, k? Congratulations to your daughter, by the way. 1st grade: eek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UP is honestly one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. You and your kids will love it! If my husband didn't fall asleep in the theater (which he ALWAYS does!) then your kids will have no problem paying attention through the whole movie! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know how you feel! My daughter just finished Kindergarten too. I was getting all nostalgic about how she's growing up and will never go to Kindergarten again. And then she piped up with, "Oh, I don't care! 1st grade will be funner anyway!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zack's last day is Friday. I'm heartbroken, because there is such a huge difference between K and 1st in our school district. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! 'up' is a really good movie! your family will love it! it made me cry on several occasions. it was sweet, sad, and funny! hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww so cute. I know your and Mr. WhiMSy love are proud mommy and daddy for sure. Congrats to both of yours girls for job well done at school. You'll have to tell us how the movie went.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.