Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Tia!

Late Tuesday night, Mr. WhiMSy love & I snatched the girls out of bed & plopped 'em in the minivan to go on a secret mission. Our destination: only about 10 blocks away. We blitzed Tia's car with messages of birthday-ness & left a big bouquet of balloons by her front door so when she woke the next morning she'd start her day with some happy. I think the girls thought we were nuts. They were so sleepy & confused in the backseat. (Girls, seriously, you should be used to mommy & daddy's quirky ideas by now. For reals.)

If I could've spread as much birthday cheer as possible I would 've had a dumptruck drop a load of confetti in Tia's driveway or better yet, (& right up Tia's alley): had Merry Maids jump out of a cake.

Tia & I are an odd couple. We are opposites in many ways. She loves ironing & cleaning. That's about as opposite as it gets. But our combined personalities keep things interesting.

I have never had a friend like Tia, who I can just laugh & laugh with at the most random things. Sometimes there will be a room full of people just staring at us with blank faces while we turn red, hardly able to breath from laughing so hard. And if you asked us what we were laughing about we probably wouldn't even be able to explain.

We can look our worst around each other too. No makeup required.

I am pretty sure she knows more secrets about me than any other person besides my hubby. She is the most giving person. She really does sacrifice her time & energy for her family & friends. And, she puts up with me.

Tia & I have only known each other for about 5 1/2 years. But it feels like she has been my sister forever. She is my best friend.

We don't have to hang out with each other every day, or even talk on the phone all the time to know that we are....constant. (Although, our emails often get out of control.) My favorite is when she comes over to my house, unannounced, & just sprawls out on my couch. (Sometimes she'll call ahead: while sitting in my driveway. haha!)
I never feel like I can find the right words or express well enough how very much I treasure her. But I'm pretty sure everyone needs a Tia.

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday tia - you're a great friend and i hope u have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great friend you are! I bet she was super happy to start her birthday day with all the surprises you left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are very lucky to have eachother. This post definitely warmed my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! She should be glad you are not like a friend of mine who wrapped another buddy's car in rolls and rolls of saran wrap. I should also mention that they lived in FL at the time so it just baked on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN!!! I shrink wrapped my friends car for her birthday this year...after filling it with packing peanuts. :) SO FUN! She was trying to get the peanut remnants out for months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute to your friend and to the power of sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.