Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blog Button!!


I have FINALLY figured out how to make a blog badge/button for my blog. You know, so you can copy & paste it & spread the WhiMSy love luv! Or if you're featured on my blog you can sprinkle WhiMSy love blog buttons all over cyber space!! I didn't do it on my own, that's for sure. This computer-confuzed dum-dum?? No way. I ended up "stalking" Julie, of Creations With Heart, who was tremendously helpful! (I'll have the instructions up in a separate post later on!)


The blog badge isn't up yet. I'm still deciding on a graphic. Now, little ole me is SO not knowledgeable when it comes to graphics, so these wee pieces of cartoony art are not perfection. Me & my "Paint" program. I hate that thing. But it's all I got. I did download a free program called "Inkscape" but it's intimidating at the moment. I need to read a manual or something.

Anyway, I would like your help. What sort of graphic do you think I should use? I threw in some old designs you've probably seen before. There's also the ever-present & lovely cupcake. What do you think? Do any of these strike you as super adorable & needing to be made into a WhiMSy love blog button? Should I start over? Change something?
This little mailbox is something that I created last year & it keeps popping up in my head as possibly the "face" of WhiMSy love. It's part of the banner on this blog, I use it in my Etsy feedback thank-you's & it's the "wallpaper" for my twitter page. (Of course it's all pixelated & looks crappy here.)
Hmmmm. Can't wait to hear what you all think. This is fun!

(P.S. If you're reading this & see red boxes around the graphics---those won't be a part of the design. That box just appears around each photo on my blog.)

16 comments:

  1. i like the first and last ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I think I like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would strike a balance / mix between cupcake 1 and 2. I love the colors of the first, but I prefer the font of the second cupcake.
    I'm really looking forward to your result!
    Greetings from Germany
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 'em!

    Number one is my top fave and numero 4 is my second fave.

    They are all cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for the first one. It's a simpler and bolder version of the cupcake/mailbox one- which I think is too small in scale for the limited space you get to make your presence known in a blog badge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the mailbox---it's so "Whimsy Love"...to me anyway! I like the pretty ones you have, but nuttin' says Whimsy like your sweet whimsical little mailbox. I'm sure whatever you use will be grand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like them all....what about doing a poll?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if you are going with something to give Whimsy Love a brand- then stick with the cupcake. OR, you could have an owl holding a cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll take one... they look soooo yummy!
    Hugs!
    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mailbox! It's unique and the first thing I notice every time I open your blog! There are other blogs/sites that are all about cupcakes. Your mailbox one incorporates the cupcake in a super cute way but is more than just a cupcake like you might see on other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I need to start putting badges on my blog to support my fav blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, Cute, Cute! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the first cupcake, it's clear and to the point. Easy to read, cute, artsy, a little whimsy. Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the mailbox, but like someone mentioned, probably too small to really jump out at you. Love the cupcakes too and would opt for the pink incing of 1 with the bottom color and font of 2.
    But honestly I'm just so impressed and jealous that you made those up yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the second and the last one. I can't wait for the tutorial on this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo, I wanna vote too! I love the first one. It really stands out and is adorable. I love the mailbox too. It's welcoming and unique! Guess I couldn't vote for just one! You have some wonderfully, helpful followers here! Much success to you!
    Psst...thanks for the mention ❤
    ~Julie
    Creations With Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.