Monday, August 3, 2009

Week in Review: Campy Edition!!

Yes, I did more this week than JUST camp. I picked apricots. And had some crafty fun with the kidlets. And the girls finished up their second-to-last session of swim lessons. (Which means the first day of school is approaching!) And I watched my sweet dad do this.

But, I must say, our first family camping trip was the highlight this week. Mr. WhiMSy love actually camped. (10 years of waiting & he finally went camping with me!) And you know the best part? He's already talking about "the next time we camp..."!! Yahoo! It's because of our awesome friends that this trip was such a happy one. They helped to ease Mr. WhiMSy love into the whole scene.... Oh, was it hot though. On Saturday it was 108 degrees.....I saw so many spiders. BIG ones too! Yuck. As long as they were outside of my tent, I was OK. But still, they gave me the heebie-jeebies....I cooked & ate yummy campy foods...I swam & played in the river....I cherished sharing this experience with the girls. It made me want to go on more trips & let them experience as many adventures as possible....I laughed so hard...I loved hearing the zip-zip-zip of the tent...

One of my favorite moments on the trip was when the girls were slowly waking up the first morning in the tent & they were all groggy & sleepy (so was I--it was 6am) & then all of a sudden Zoey gets all zippy & perky & squeals: "MOM!" And I said, "what?" And then she said, "WE JUST CAMPED!" It made me smile so big.

*Click the picture mosaic for a photo play-by-play.

*And for a bonus, click HERE for my TTV (Through The Viewfinder) Camping Photo Mosaic!

3 comments:

  1. we luuuuuuuuuuuuurve camping around here! we go 9 hours away for 2 whole weeks! we go 'glamping' hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Mom, we just camped!"

    I LOVE IT!! Being an avid camper myself, I am glad Mr Whimsey is in. I can't imagine being with someone who didn't want to go. That must have been torture for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.