Monday, August 10, 2009

Week in Review

My ma-in-law was in town from Scottsdale, Arizona this weekend. To prepare for her arrival I had the girls help vacuum, clean toilets & scrape boogars off their walls. Why do kids do this ? At least eat the darn boogies so it doesn't make a mess!

Anyway, we were dining & shopping for 3 days straight. She spoils us so. I got some new duds. But clothes shopping is not always a happy occasion for me. I know nothing about fashion. And I'm a bigger girl. It can be sorta depressing. Am I actually whining about fashion? Yes. Yes I am. Is it sad that most of my clothes that I launder are pajamas? I wish I had a stylist who could make me look on the outside how I feel on the inside. I remember as a teenager being able to express myself through fashion--no matter how bad or weird it was. I'm ready to do that again. Minus the "bad" & "weird" part. And no frumpy mom outfits allowed.

I've never been one to complain & complain & pout about my weight & then do nothing about it. I just know, for a fact, that I could lose some poundage but just don't bother doing anything about it. I'm not in denial. I am just l-a-z-y. I have no dedication or motivation when it comes to exercise. Or eating healthy. Mr. WhiMSy love & I are rather proud of ourselves at the recent shared house-cleaning duties. And we thought to apply our team playing skills in helping each other out in a fitness/weight loss/healthy living thing. We'll see how it goes!


Speaking of Mr. WhiMSy love, he's had all week off from work. I LOVED having him home. He was a very welcome & helpful extra pair of hands around the house. Yay for househusbands! I have a feeling I'll be going through withdrawls this week as he gets back to HIS daily work routine.

And I probably shouldn't talk so early about this, but I'm too excited & it's been filling my whole weekend (in between manicures, dining & shopping), but I'm working on 8 pieces of Writing on the Wall Book Art for a new shop in San Francisco. The book art will be an installation/display piece to accent their new clothing line. Wheee!

Well, this is the last week of the girls swimming lessons. The first day of school is quickly approaching! This week I'll be shopping for school supplies, weeding through the girls' outgrown clothes & making way for new ones, & holding on to one of the last few weeks of sleeping in & chillin' out.

*Click on the picture mosaic for a photo play-by-play.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya girlfriend-the weightloss, the style. UGH. I think I just have to be ready to do it. Until I am it just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great exposure for you and your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea to get your hubster involved in your new endeavor.

    As for me... clothing fit is the main thing I focus on when trying to stay away from extra cupcakes.

    Numbers, schmubers. If I look GOOD in an outfit, that is ALL that matters to me! It encourages me to keep looking good!

    I really love your week-in-review photos this week. I think you look fabulous!
    truly,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.