Thursday, September 3, 2009

Where Did Our Love Go?

In a pinch, a potato masher becomes a microphone. But you already knew that.

So can: a hairbrush, a candlestick, a celery stick, a paintbrush, a popsicle, a spoon, someone else's arm, your own foot, a flower, an uncooked spaghetti noodle (Bob Barker/The Price is Right-style), a rolled up magazine, a maraca....But you probably already knew that too.

My 5 year old sings the blues. (Not really, but I thought that sounded funny.) I do sing classic hits with her from Diana Ross & The Supremes though. And the Beatles.

Nursery rhymes are overrated.

(P.S. She starts Kindergarten today!)

9 comments:

  1. That's a tough milestone. Good luck to her and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you probably already know this, but a spoon and a baby wipe becomes a baby to hold and cuddle, according to my 11yo (when she was 1, that is!).

    I've never tried my own foot as a microphone. That's new. I don't think I'll try it....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I forgot to congratulate Zoey a day well done at school, because I'm just sure she'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as I was reading this the telephone rang. I picked it up and, without realizing it, brought it to my mouth like a microphone. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A curling iron works great too, because then you have a cord to swing around as part of your act! Reminds me of days in the college dorms singing RESPECT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally did this when I was in high school. Thank you for reminding me of those fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you. rock. period.
    :)
    wishing we were neighbors so I could join your party! I feel so gross today...Im sure my anxiety would disappear magically just by dancing around and singing with you girlies!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soup Ladles and Sharpies make excellent microphones in a pinch as well. Not that I know from experience, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! Olivia and I jam out to my iPod. Her current favorites are Britney Spears (ok...that's something that you know...I don't whip out in front of people), Paramore, Madonna, and other really inappropriate things for a 4 year old. But damn- Olivia can sing her heart out to Britney's "Circus" cd and dance. She's like, "OH mom- I can't clean, I'm shaking my booty." Oy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.