Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Level-headed


Not much exciting is going on around here. The house is slowing turning into a maze of boxes upon boxes & little messes that have no room because the boxes are in the way. I'm still keeping my wits about me though.

I have been contemplating keeping my shop open while the family & I move. I'm having such a hard time deciding. I'm just super bummed that I'll be missing the one & only craft show I signed up for this year & that the dates I'll be packing/traveling/moving are prime time for holiday sales. In the end though, I think it wise to temporarily close up shop. Because who knows how overwhelmed I'll be when I get to our new home & who knows how quickly I'll actually be able to get the shop "set up" when I arrive to the big NE. Argh. Thanks for letting me talk out loud just now.

Not only is there lots to do around here, but today was Pazely's last day of school & tomorrow is Zoey's last day. (Parent/Teacher conferences + Thanksgiving break.) I think I'll break our "movies on the weekend only" rule this week. And next week.
Oh, & our official move date is Tuesday, December 1st.
OK, I'm off to stuff more boxes.
And I think I'll reward myself with some crafty time this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Moving is such a mixed bag of emotions, I was completely exhausted when we moved 2 years ago and it was hard on the girls, especially my oldest. Crafting gets tricky during a move but it also becomes a necessary stress outlet, I kept a small box of craft supplies to play with...well actually a couple. The girls had their own supplies too! : )

    BTW, I made your cute paint sample notepads as stocking stuffers this year and will have them on my blog (with a link back to you!) next week.

    Fondly,
    pink and green mama MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving=no fun. AND you realize how much junk you actually own once you have to pack and move it! :)

    Good luck- totally wish we could all help out. Aside from the "better you than me" comments!!

    and hey- I'm totally seeing New Moon tomorrow. At midnight. I'll probably die from exhaustion- but seeing my Robert will be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki,
    I just hate that you are moving during the holiday season, but actually, this could be an enormous present and blessing in itself... a new home for you!
    Good luck with everything and keep up posted!
    Happy day!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo! Oh, and breaking the weekend only movie rule sounds completely acceptable in this circumstance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.