Friday, February 12, 2010

The Bed-head Olympics




The girls & I have recently started a ceremony-of-sorts every morning. We find it amusing to see each other's wacky morning hair-do's, also known as bed-head. So, I created an award with a thrifted bowling trophy ($1!!) & a faux Barbie head (free!!). Yes, I'm the oddball mom who asks, "Honey, do you have a spare Barbie head I could have?" And my children are the sweet sort who respond, "Sure mom!!" Of course, the more ratty & tangled the Barbie hair, the better!


The trophy gets passed to a winner every morning after we vote & decide who has the craziest bed-head.

♥ Nikki

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

14 comments:

  1. You, my dear, are truly THE best mom in the world! (P.S. Will you adopt me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that is so much fun and awesome! What a fun way to start eah day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun household you must have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so wishing I had my kids at home still....this is way to good to pass on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seem like really funny mom!! i like the idea very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it.... we don't have the reward but we do have the laughter... that as well as the "bad breathe" syndrome!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute. I have a barbie who is missing a limb. I was wondering what to do with her(cut her head off!ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be adopted too! haha!
    So fun! I can't do it with hubby and baby boy... they wear their hair REALLY short... and daughter always wakes up with messy hair... she'd win EVERY TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, i just gotta say, YOU ARE THE BESTEST MOM EVA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm going on a trophy hunt, because this is way too fun! At at our house, we say, "Your hair had a party last night!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this!!! LOL! You are too cool Nikki. LOL! Your kids are going to have the wildest and funniest childhood memories. :-) Lucky girls. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.