Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Happy Day...




I've been isolated at home with a sick kid, cleaning up vomit sheets, germy laundry rotating around the clock. Ma-in-law arrives for a 4-day visit in 24 hours & I've gotten nothing done. (Except for a nap or two to refuel.) Life is getting busy. My list of TO-DO's grows. I've got a bad hangnail. A house full of people will be arriving this evening & I haven't even started getting prepared. And why do my toilets decide to clog NOW?

So this morning I danced around the kitchen and sang loud songs badly while the radio blasted. And when my throat got sore I lip-synched instead.

I flung the curtains open & welcomed the sunshine, arms open wide, with a silent goofy grin.

And I've decided: It's gonna be GOOD day...

♥ Nikki

11 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you!!!! It takes a truly joyful heart to praise God when things are not going your way!!!

    It is a good day because God made it, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, you are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder to find good, even when things are "bad"

    At least it's not raining today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should play that Black Eye Peas song, "I've got a feeling"- it gets me happy every time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OY! Hang in there. The right attitude helps a lot. Leave the laundry for the inlaws. They like that. Or so I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's laugh, or cry - you might as well pick laugh, crying just makes your eyes puffy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My bro-in-law brought out in church the other night that joy & happiness is a mind set. We have to make up our minds whether we want to be depressed & discouraged all the time, or joyful & happy. I'm glad you chose to choose the latter....it's my choice, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music and dancing are almost ALWAYS the answer, right? I've always thought so. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all in how you look at it :)

    "... I WILL rejoice and be glad in it."

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to look at the day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.