Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer Break: Day 9

The book Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meal 2, borrowed from the library, was the source of our fun today.

The girls & I made S'mores Cups. I'm a sucker for s'mores & this recipe included ice cream, so I thought it would be a perfect treat on this hot day.
To make 4 dessert cups, you simply need:
1 CUP graham cracker crumbs
2 TB butter
chocolate or vanilla ice cream
4 large marshmallows
bittersweet chocolate (I used a milk chocolate Hershey bar)

First, melt the butter & mix it with the graham cracker crumbs. Then, divide that equally & press into the bottom of the dessert cups. (My dessert cups were silicone cupcake liners. They made extra small treats, with lots of graham cracker crumbs left over.)

Scoop some ice cream on top of that.

Using a vegetable peeler, shave some chocolate over the ice cream.

Roast the marshmallows (over the stove top!) & slide them on top of the ice cream.

Pazely helped out with this part. haha!
I shaved some extra chocolate over the marshmallows.

Done! And yum!

3 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! And what awesome pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to spend my summer at your house. Great job of keeping the girls occupied without the same old same old. You deserve a pat on the back or another s'more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.