Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Break: Day 52

No pictures of my girls this time.
No crafty fun with my kidlets this afternoon.
In fact, the only time I saw the wee ones today was at church this morning & at an afternoon BBQ with some friends. After that, it was time for mommy to escape. You see, mommy, though she loves her children dearly & could kiss their squishy cheeks all day, SHE needs some time to herself: to refuel, regenerate, just be. And that's what I did.
And it was everything I wanted & needed.

Today I took a mini road trip with my friend Susan, to Chadron, a town of 6,000 peeps, about 1 1/2 hours away...
I spotted an antelope.
I saw field upon flat field turn into trees & lush grass & thick greeny green-ness.
I chased butterflies. 
I quietly spied deer.
I photographed wildflowers.
I drank a butterscotch milkshake.
I took a scenic drive through a beautiful State park.
I witnessed a wild turkey mommy & her 4 babies scampering along.
I saw a bird, so bright neon blue, it looked like it flew fresh out of a painting.
*I laid upon a bed of clover-like flowers.
I laughed harder than I have in a long time.
I stumbled upon a carnival.
I saw beauty from ashes.
And then I came home to tuck little ones into bed.

*(click HERE for the silly story behind the photo!)

3 comments:

  1. you certainly DO need time to yourself nik! i can't believe it's day 51 or 52 already? you are an entertainment machine! when does school go back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Summer has been awesome! And the average hour I spend engaged with my girls is no burden at all to me. I really don't feel like an entertainment director. To answer your question, there are 41 days of break left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jealous. It's midway through summer and the lack of alone time is getting to me lately. I need a good long break.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.