Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Break: Day 73


I love that after a tiring day, I can report to you the day's happenings while I lazily sit on my cozy couch.

While friends mingled for BBQ type fun this afternoon, the girls set up shop & gave marker tattoos to all our guests. I've got a ladybug sitting on a leaf on my right arm & a cat on my left.

The real fun, these last few nights, have come right before I tuck my kidlet critters into their comfy beds & kiss their faces with goodnight loves: a bed time story!!

I very often read to my children but have gotten out of the habit of reading larger chapter books to them. We were recently given a copy of "James & the Giant Peach"----& oh what fun!! My favorite parts (besides making all the character voices) are when I come to the end of a chapter & the girls begin to beg for more to be read. It's quite cute how they desperately squeal. I do realize part of that is a ploy to get to stay up later, but I also believe they genuinely love listening to the story.

I'm admittedly not a very literature minded gal. And so I didn't realize that the same author of "James & the Giant Peach", Roald Dahl, is the same author who penned "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory". That may just have to be our next adventure in reading. Ooh, I do love sharing a good book with my little ones!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I love Roald Dahl and how he leaves each chapter hanging so you can't wait to start the next, we are in the middle of the BFG at the moment, Charlie was the last book of his we read and we already did Danny Champion of the World and fantastic Mr Fox was Ebi-kuns first chapter book that he read by himself...hmm OK we are Roald dahl addicts, there, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another GREAT book by Roald Dahl: Matilda!!! (Just read it to my four girls and the LOVED it!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading out loud a childhood favorite. you are so much fun, and one sweet mama. i was in an office supply store recently and saw cup cake paper clips and thought of you and your girls and the creations you'd create. thanks for allowing us to be a part of your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.