Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Year In Review!

This is the second full year I've completed the "Week in Review" project!
And it feels AWESOME!

This year has been all about Nebraska. And lots of change. And growth. And stretching farther than I ever thought possible. And adventures. And sweet new friends. And quality time with my girls. It's been one of the most intense years ever. It's been one of the most fun years ever. It's been one of the most trying & emotional as well.
And I feel like I've been trying to dance to the rhythm of a new beat on a completely different drum. And falling all over the place.
But now I've got my bongos back & it's time to jam.
(Whatever that means?!---Hahaha!)

I feel like I'm ready to push myself this year. Into some self discovery. And more creativity. I'm doing some projects at home on my own. And it seems like a lot at first, but it's not that bad. I think. Maybe it will overwhelm me very soon & I'll give up. But I've got that fresh gusto now, so we'll see. I'm calling it: "Write. Make. Sketch."
Pretty simple. I want to make myself write & sketch every day. I want to strengthen these creative muscles I have. And, what better way to grow, then to practice & do these things every day? So, that's the "Write" & "Sketch" part. The "Make" part has to do with a really cool book I just picked up by Noah Scalin called 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!
I'll be posting some of these "Write. Make. Sketch." creations on the blog, so you can follow along. It's not about hammering myself to get it done every - single - day. But it's about making a conscious effort to do something, anything---even if just for a few minutes. Because, honestly, that's all I have some days.
This should be fun!

To view the "2010 Year in Review" photo, click HERE.
To peek at my entire 2010 Week in Review set on flickr, click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I must have been following your blog for about a year now because most of those look familiar! :)

    I've always liked your Week in Review posts, and I love how you pulled it all together in the end. If you don't mind I think I'll try doing my own weekly reviews this year.

    Good luck with the Write. Make. Sketch.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm challenging myself to a photo a day to help stretch my creativity... I may expand on it later but, for now, a photo a day will do :)

    As usual, I look forward to YOUR creativity!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.