Saturday, August 6, 2011

30 Bags in 30 Days: Day 6 & 7: Pazely's Closet & Bedroom

I have made plans to take both of my girls out school shopping for clothes. Separately of course. (I'm no fool.) And, oddly enough, this will be the first time I've ever taken them school shopping. We've always been gifted with clothes in the past, but this year we're on our own. And I'm perfectly fine with that! In fact, I'm more than perfectly fine----I'm giddy!!!!
Anyway, this has prompted me to go through the girls' closets & figure out what doesn't fit them anymore, what still fits, what won't work for the coming season & what they still need. Pazely's turn was first. And cleaning her closet just naturally led to cleaning her room.
I got rid of 5 bags!! (2 trash, 1 to donate & 2 full of clothes to hand down to her cousin.)
In the photo, Pazely shows her excitement by jumping on her bed (I let my kids jump on their beds), & wearing a too-small set of winter feetie jammies she discovered while cleaning with me. She just can't let go of those jammies. (Even though it's almost 90 degrees outside!)
(30 Bags in 30 Days tally: 12 bags in 7 days!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there I am fairly recent follower. I have been keeping track of your 30 bags post. This is inspiring. Thanks for posting about this. I am on a quest to simplify my life so your posts are fun to me. Only 18 more bags left. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you let your kids jump on the beds... That's just awesome...

    I am inspired by these posts. Keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.