Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week in Review: August 1-7

Summer proceeds. And all the go-go-going is try-try-trying. Weary at its best.
I'm closing up shop for a bit. Since moving to Nebraska a year & a half ago, I've had to completely give up all the crafting & making that I love. It's bothersome to me. The shop suffers, my creative outlook suffers. I just need a new perspective. 
I'm relocating Crafty Night from ON3 Photography on Main Street, back to where it started right next door to my home--in the newly painted Acitivy Room of New Life Assembly. It's only once-a-month (the 2nd Tuesday of every month!), but it's been a lot of work with little produced. I wish all my lovers of the craftiness lived closer. We'd have a party every month!
I'm decluttering, trying to simplify my life. I'm giving up & letting go where I can. Too much is too much. I'm overwhelmed & missing home & feeling uber lonely & deflated.
A new point-of-view is what I need.
I need to find a quiet place & just sit & listen.

For a photo play-by-play, click HERE.

6 comments:

  1. we miss you too! & you're loved no matter where you are!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{HUGS}}} TO YOU!!! Every month I wish I lived closer so I could craft with you!!

    Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are in the dumps. Wanted to let you know I LOVE the knitted watermelon postcard. Your blog always inspires me. Your current deflation does not come through in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally sympathize with you. I have been away from home for 11 years and have yet to feel like I belong where I am. I too wish I had all my crafty friends close by. It is so hard relocating and when you live in the boonies it is even that much harder. Especially, if you have a love for crafting. The supplies are not readily available. It is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope u find what ur looking for. Sometimes I feel lost in the midst of all my crafty stuff, like I know my creativity is in there somewhere so I just buy more stuff. Hoping u find that peaceful, quiet spot ur looking for:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this break brings you peace. I enjoy reading your blog and find you and the life you lead with your children completely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.