Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Diary: Day 21: Late-Night Cookie Making

Today was such an extremely busy day! I worked a bit later than usual, with the 7 year old in tow. When I got home, the Mr. & Zoey were there! Hugs all around happened, dinner was ready in the crockpot, cornbread needed to be made, & then before you know it, we had an impromptu dinner guest & then a movie night on the cozy couch, & then little girls needed to be scooted off to bed.
But then I felt bad that we hadn't done anything "fun" for the day. I plopped on the end of the sleeper sofa, where the girls were crashing for the night. Pazely said, "Zoey & daddy being home is the fun thing". 

I hopped up to the kitchen & started making cookies. It was nearly 10 o'clock at night. Soon, a little munchkin followed & helped out.
When the cookies were ready to be cooled on a wire rack, I asked Pazely to grab the spatula. 

She grabbed the wire whisk, which is in her left hand. Wrong tool, silly. I handed her the spatula.

 
Then she started dancing around the kitchen. 

 
And then I replaced the whisk with (gasp!) another spatula?! I have always thought it odd that these two kitchen utensils have the same name. Right? They do completely different things. One flips. The other scrapes. Couldn't they come up with another name? ("They" being the kitchen-tool-naming department of the universe.) And then Pazely & I had The Great Spatula Debate. 

And then, well...

And then she struck a pose. 

And then we decided to eat the cookies. 
Pazely said, "This is like having a midnight snack!"
(haha!)

(Zoey's tired face has "I've been at summer camp all week" written all over it.)

Sometimes cookies need to be made at 10 o'clock at night. 
Just because.

1 comment:

  1. Are you the best mom ever or what? Are you surprised that I'm here? I miss you! I'm going to try to be better about visiting.

    We are thinking of making a run to the ice cream store one night after my daughter has gotten all ready for bed. These are the kind of things they will remember forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.