Monday, December 1, 2014

DIY: Craft Foam Animal Silhouette Art

This idea was actually inspired by a project my daughter made a few years ago. (See the very last photo in this blog post for reference.) Zoey made an oval plaque of purple & yellow with craft foam. And in the middle was a blue silhouette of her favorite animal at the time: a horse. I loved it! Her silhouette immediately made me think of the traditional art form made popular in the 18th century, using people as the subjects. Only hers was an animal. So clever! I kept her crafty artwork, knowing I'd make a project like it some day. And, well, today is that day. 

(For reference, the large deer silhouette foam plaque is about 9-inches tall.)




Hang your foam Animal Silhouette Art with poster putty.

I also tried out the animal silhouettes on scrapbook papers & old book pages. My animal-loving 10 year old is going to LOVE these!




The Crazy Crafty Christmas Countdown is a D.I.Y. project every day from Black Friday through Christmas Eve.
So be sure to check back often!
Click HERE (or the logo on the sidebar) for a list of all the current Crazy Crafty Christmas Countdown posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.