Monday, May 9, 2016

Week in Review: May 2-8

I don't know what got into me last week, but I had a major cleaning bug one day. Just one. And it centered around the kitchen. Just the kitchen. I cleared out the shelves & cupboards, did some major wiping down & scrubbing, & even donated lots of items. The Mr. saw me & said, "You'll be out for the next 2 weeks now." He's right. He knows I hate cleaning. And he knows how much it poops me out. Like, sure, my feet hurt. But, emotionally I just can't handle it. Haha!

Once a year-ish I do like to go through the house & declutter. It feels good to lighten the load. I still have the dream that was planted in my mind after seeing THIS photo 5 years ago. I want to live in a tiny home. I figure that will be after the girls are grown & moved out of the house. So I've got some time to shed all this house weight. And to convince the Mr. of this idea. He's a tall human, so I'm not sure how he'll feel about all the tinyness. But, really, it's not about the size per se. For me, it's about the lack of burden. I look forward to that. Just the simple necessities. And a few items I adore. And the Mr.
It really is hard to give up stuff. I've talked about this before. I'm a sentimental sap, with a touch of packrat. Blah. I'll get through this. One box to charity at a time.

* * * * * * * * *

Oh, man. Spring is so much fun! Every day (on several occasions) I make a trek around the yard to see what seedlings have sprouted, spy what veggies are growing, peek at the wildflower patch, pick some weeds, smell some roses. The 11-year old & I even found half of a bird's egg in the grass while collecting mushrooms in the yard one afternoon. And then we brought out some acrylic paint & dobbed polka dots on the mushrooms. Just because.

* * * * * * * * *

I am totally getting into this weaving thing. It is so much fun! I've only made two mini tapestries so far, but am already taking orders...from my daughters. Ha! I am seriously thinking of putting some in the shop when I reopen one of these days. It's a bit of texture, a bit of happy, a bit of handmade. I love color mixing & am pretty sure I'm in trouble, more than ever, when it comes to this yarn collecting thing: I see it. I want it. I can't help it. 

* * * * * * * * *

In addition to the weaving, I've been filling my days with completing my goal of making something every day for 2016: writing & sketching mostly. This year feels so different to me. I don't know if I can explain it. I'm definitely on a journey of discovery. My morning times with Jesus have opened all kinds of senses in me. I am creating for the joy of creating, & sharing my efforts, no matter how great or small I think they are, no matter how much of a novice I may be in the things I pursue.
I'm also in a season of waiting. I'm trying to be OK with not knowing, I'm trying to enjoy the mystery of what's next.

Click HERE for a photo play-by-play.



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the once a year clear out. It such a freeing feeling plus I often discover items that I should be using pushed to the back. Hope it all goes well. The weaving sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.