Monday, August 22, 2016

Summer School: Week 10 (The finale)

This was our last week of Summer School! It is SO much fun to look back at all we did. Be sure to visit all of our posts in the 2016 Summer School series HERE. To see all our pictures from this year's Summer School adventures, click HERE.


MAKE SOMETHING MONDAY
It was all about the jam-making. I had an AWFUL experience of buying $30 worth of raspberries at the local Farmer's Market & then discovering the next day they were FILLED with worms. Fruit fly larvae, to be exact. G-R-O-S-S! I cried so hard. Making jam is connected to memories of my grandmother. So I was a mess. *sigh* But the next day a sweet friend gifted me with some non-worm-filled raspberries! I now have lovely jars of jam to enjoy through the winter. And I'm a happy girl.


TIME TO READ TUESDAY
Currently reading...
Pazely: The Diary of Anne Frank
Zoey: Harry Potter & The Cursed Child *Parts 1 & 2*
Me: On Grief & Grieving by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D. & David Kessler


WHAT'S COOKIN' WEDNESDAY
I can't get enough of that raspberry jam. I made thumbprint jam cookies. The girls ate them. Except Pazely. She ate around the jam part. Haha! I've never made these kind of cookies before. I know they're usually seen around the holidays. But I was craving them now. 

After I baked them I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprint cookies. Wish I would have seen this before! So fun! 


THINKING THURSDAY
I've been seeing these exploding watermelons on the internet & wanted to give it a try.
HERE is a video of our experience. I was afraid. (Haha!)

SOMEWHERE FUN FRIDAY
The girls & I had a picnic (Wendy's 4 for $4 in the car at the Howard Amon Park parking lot. To avoid the seagulls.) + we chilled at the river & a made a sandcastle. We celebrated the ending of a fun-filled summer!

I'm really glad I tried something new this summer. Less stressful, & feeling more productive than in past summers. Overall, we enjoyed the experience. 
Pazely's top 3 faves were:
1. Making milkshakes
2. Visiting the giant Adirondack chair
3. Making the cinnamon roll waffles
Zoey's top 3 faves were:
1. Going to the outdoor movie in the park
2. Making milkshakes
3. A picnic with her mom
My top 3 faves were:
1. Toe painting
2. Giant cardboard postcards
3. All the fairy garden crafts

Though we set a routine for our weeks this summer, I realized that I ended up losing my own personal routine. I can only do so much. So, needless to say, I am looking forward to school starting next week! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.