Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung...

So, let's show off our Holiday stockings!!

I used to have a felt stocking when I was a little girl. My whole family had them---all embellished with Disney characters. We got rid of them one year, a looong time ago. I don't remember why, but I miss that stocking so much. It didn't look like an expensive stocking & the images were slightly faded. But it was a stocking full of many childhood Christmas memories.


My mom always used to put an orange RIGHT in the toe of my stocking every Christmas morning. Sometimes nuts too. I always rolled my eyes at this. But now I do it to my girls!


Well, the first stocking is one I made for my oldest--who's now 6. It was made for her 2nd Christmas. She was only 3 1/2 months at her 1st Christmas & though I really wanted a special "1st Xmas Stocking", I had a lot going on at the time--with my first time as a mommy & all. It was a project from a Martha Stewart magazine that I changed up a bit.


This stocking is for my 4 yr old. It's made from white chenille. I saw a stocking in a catalogue with this adorable snowman on it. I copied the design, with slight changes, using felt, glitter, buttons & beads. The stocking turned out HUGE by accident. haha!




My stocking, as well as Mr. WhiMSy love's, is not handmade. I bought myself one last year. I love Rachel Ashwell, & fell in love with this stocking at Target. There was a similar one for sale that had an adorable baubled bit added to it. So, I picked up my vintage-inspired brooch at the dollar store & pinned it right onto mine.

And Mr. WhiMSy love's just looks manly. Leather accents & all.


We have no mantle to hang our stockings from, so we usually tack them to the wall. This year we've draped them over the Yogi Bear measuring stand I got a while back at an antique store. I do have the perfect ledge, by the stairs, to hang them from, but we don't have any stocking holders. I'll add that to next year's handmade holiday list.



Can't wait to see all your stockings! Just leave a comment here with a link to your blog so we can all see each other's holiday lovelies!! Happy Holidays! And Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. what a fun idea! will post the link later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki-
    I love my owlie! He is absolutely adorable and reminds me of my own little owlie! :) (Check out Nov 1 on our blog) Attached is the link to our blog and our stockings! Yours are all very cute. I am jealous that you have your cards done and out. And, oh yeah, mean people suck. Your rings are super fly! :)
    Nicole
    http://lipowskifamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the yogi holder!! here is my post
    http://whosies.blogspot.com/
    thanks for letting me play. can't wait to see some others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brooch on yours- all four are so cute!

    Here's mine
    http://unpinklife.blogspot.com/2008/12/our-stockings-are-hung.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE everything to do with cupcakes!
    http://wakeyupmomma.blogspot.com/2008/12/whimsy-loves-tribute-to-stockings.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are mine!
    http://lorirad.blogspot.com/2008/12/stocking.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://everythingexceptthegrill.blogspot.com/2008/12/stockings-were-hung.html

    Here ya go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the snowman one! Cute.

    Here are mine...
    http://faith324.blogdrive.com/archive/732.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stockings!!!

    Here are my goodies...
    www.bugro2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom used to put unwrapped hard candies in our stockings. You know the pillowy, old fashioned kind? We would pull out these sticky, linty candies every year. She still does it, just to make us crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.