Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And, They're Off!!

Aaahhh...the Xmas cards are out of my hands! I can check that off my extremely long holiday to-do list. I'm getting a wee bit late start on everything. My girls were on Christmas card duty today. I quickly printed out our annual holiday letter to stick in with the photos & card. I just printed it on plain ole icky white paper. The girls got to doodle whatever they wanted on the letters to spruce 'em up. Here, they both wanted to copy my Xmas card design. So cute!

And last night I finished making my first Christmas present. It's for my 4 year old. I'm making my girls some blankets this year. It's a totally brainless craft, but sometimes that's necessary. I've always wanted to try making those knotted fleece blankets. I HAD to have this owlie patterned fabric! It's also quite a cozy craft to make. So soft... (And I am not liking this gloomy & dark winter weather! Doesn't leave any good light for taking pics!)

I ordered some oilcloth a couple days ago & I'm hoping it gets here in time for some projects I'm hoping to make as gifts for the girlies of my family. This is going to be a holiday like last year---making presents up to the hour before our family Christmas get-together!

Tonight I'm off to help out in my older daughter's class at church. They're having a par-tay!! The kids will be making lots of crafts & decorating cookies Yeehaw! Bring on the sprinkles!

Hey, I think tomorrow should be "Stocking Day". Let's post pictures of our stockings! (The ones 'hung by the chimney', not the control top/reinforced toe stockings that are draped ever so elegantly over your boudoir chaise.)
P.S. You sure know how to cheer a girl up. Thanks for the comments & emails! I'm feelin' the bloggy love...

7 comments:

  1. LOve the Owlie fleece!!! Where did you find it? I would love to add that to my Christmas "to do" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the fleece at Joanne's. It was one of those blanket kits--with two colors of fleece & the instructions. I got it for 50% off, so it was about $15!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stocking share day. i will play along...but need some help on how to spruce them up just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine hit the mail today too, thank goodness!

    I even used the same stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness - that fleece is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fleece is so cute!!And I love your cards. :)

    Posted a pic of my stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabric!! You are such a crafty goddess!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.