Monday, July 6, 2009

Cream Puff Tower



I came up with this last-minute dessert idea for an impromptu birthday celebration my family had for my visiting 17-year-old nephew. I melted chocolate chips in the microwave & dipped the very bottoms of cream puffs into the gooey chocolatey goodness & arranged them in a towering shape on a large platter. (The chocolate is like a "glue", keeping the cream puffs from falling all over the place.) Once they were stacked, I drizzled some more chocolate all over.

It was SUPER easy & SUPER fun to make!! You could even use white chocolate chips colored with food coloring. Or add chopped/diced pecans or other nuts to the melted chocolate before drizzling all over.

The cream puffs were found in the freezer section of my grocery store. This dessert would make a cool treat for any hot summer day!


6 comments:

  1. Seriously very very cute idea!!! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... super easy and oh so yummy! Good job! And how nice of you to do that for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive looking! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't no you could buy cream puffs in the frozen section I always made my own.. I like that idea.. Now how did you get them to tower up with out fallen over?
    Blessings sister Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.