Friday, July 16, 2010

Crafty Fun: Anklets!

 Supplies:
stretchy jewelry cord
super glue
beads
scissors

Measure your ankle & cut that amount of cord PLUS a few extra inches for tying off the ends.
 Now, string on your beads. I find it much easier to work on a piece of felt. The beads don't roll around. Once you're sure you've got the correct amount of beads strung, tie a knot. (Pull nice & tight. You don't want any saggy beads floating around.) Then dab the knot with super glue. I tie off two more times & dab with another dollop of glue. Just to be extra super-duper sure it won't come undone. Then cut off the excess cord.
Done!
(And of course this same process applies for bracelets!)
 
This was the project I taught at the Crafty Night this month. 
 I've been obsessed with making them for the past few days. Gosh, stringing things is so relaxing & enjoyable.
Zoey models the sweet anklet I made for her---complete with a tiny butterfly charm.
Her ankles are so much cuter than mine. 


Yay for fun summer gifties for friends!

5 comments:

  1. Loving this idea for fun christmas pressies for my dd and dgd, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! If you would like you could add them to my link party today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute. Looks like a perfect project to do with my daughter and her friends this summer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....I have some cute flower charms that would be great on an anklet....thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your anklet is an awesome inspiration! Many thanks for sharing. I would like to feature your designs at http://www.handmade-jewelry-club.com/

    Contact me here if you have a concern.

    Jane
    http://diylessons.org/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.