Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Break: Day 51

Mad Libs!

I love Mad Libs & I'm so happy to get to share this silly fun with the girls!

If you're not familiar with Mad Libs, they are books with fill-in-the-blank stories. The reader, keeping the story a secret, asks the other players to give them words to fill in the blanks. The blank spaces specify what kind of word should be inserted: verb, adjective, noun, number, color, body part, etc.

After all the blanks are filled in, the story is read out loud, in-between spurts of laughter!!

It's kinda fun that my mom introduced me to Mad Libs as a kid & now, 20+ years later, I get to introduce it to my kids.
*Awwwwwww!*

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I totally dig MadLibs.
    Bought them for 11 yo last year.
    They still are unopen.
    He's such a sullen kid :<(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad Libs are the best!!!! I just recently saw adult mad libs at Barnes and Noble!!! How funny!

    ~The Mama Monster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of Mad Libs before but what a fun idea. I will have to go a googling I think. Thanks for telling us about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.