Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Diary Day 35: Biscuit Mini Pizzas

Dear summer diary,
I got this fun dinner idea from my friend Tia. Mini pizzas using those refrigerated tubes of biscuits as the crust! You simply pop 'em open (I scream every time. Does anyone else?) & shape the biscuits into a mini pizza crust. I put 2 biscuits together to make a tiny bit bigger pizza crust than the eensy weensy ones that one would make. You want to smush it out pretty good. No big globs or nuthin'. 

Put out whatever toppings you want. These are the toppings we had: pizza sauce, bbq sauce, artichoke hearts, green onions, mushrooms, fresh basil, fresh garlic, pineapple, parmesan cheese, olives, canadian bacon, basil pesto sauce, & mozzarella cheese.
(My favorite combo: bbq sauce, artichoke hearts, green onions, fresh basil, garlic, canadian bacon & mozzarella!)
My kids love any kind of meal where they get to make it themselves or choose their own personalized toppings. It was a bit sticky making the pizzas on our plate & then transferring it to a pizza pan. It would prolly be easier to just make it on the pan.

Here's all our pizzas ready for the oven. Or rather, round one of the mini pizzas. Pazely loves olives. Can you guess which ones are hers? And don't be afraid of my pizza pan.
They really puff up---like a biscuit would. Follow the package directions to cook them. Ours said to heat the oven to 450 degrees. We baked them for about 8-10 minutes. I never set my timer when I make pizzas though. I just keep peeking to see that everything is golden & bubbly. I also reached inside the oven with a spatula & checked the bottom of the mini pizzas to see that they were not getting TOO brown. They turned out perfect!!


The family enjoyed them---in fact, daddy ate some as a midnight snack. It was a happy yummy meal!

Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Looks good....think I might need to try these this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, but flour taco shells also make great pizza crusts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Looked like great fun, and a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the idea! We just made these for lunch. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.