Saturday, May 5, 2007

Mother's Day Card...


I put together this last minute Mother's Day card & I could kick myself because I wish I would've planned ahead & made a whole bunch of these! But, the good thing is---they can be used for birthdays too!
I made a flower pin from reproduction vintage fabric that I got from The Sewing Basket fabric shop in Prosser, WA. on my birthday road trip in April. The owner, Marilyn, is super sweet & her shop has this tiny room in the back FULL of vintage reproduction fabrics. I could've lingered & drooled all day!
The flower pin is also embellished with a vintage grey button in the center & some light pink stiffened felt for the leaves. The pin is attached to the card with thread & can come off when the bearer of this sweet card decides to wear it! And the envelope is this really cute matching blue mini version of one of those large manila envelopes.
The pin can go on a blouse, lapel, bag, purse, anywhere! After reading your sweet message, they get a sweet surprise! It's a 2-fer-1 creation! Don't you love it???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.