Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Pops!

Ok, here's the big surprise for my dad's birthday. It arrived yesterday & the girls are poking & gawking at it in the photo...
It's a king cake! I decided to do something fun for dessert for his party tonight! I ordered it from New Orleans & I've left it as a surprise for my entire fam (except for mom & grandmother). My sis is pretty much from Louisiana & it'll be a sentimental thing for her as well since she relocated here after Hurrican Katrina & a piece of her will always be there.

I left the cake in the bag to keep it fresh, but I'll get better pictures tonight when we're all munching on it! I think it is a faux pas to eat a king cake after Mardi Gras (Feb 5th this year!), but I guess I'm willing to suffer the humiliation.

My dad is a giant goofball & I love him so much! Happy Birthday dad!
P.S. I got my button machine today!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey! I am hosting a swap and I would love for you to join! come by my blog to check it out!
    Toodles-Sarah
    http://gypsymermaidlife.blogspot.com/2008/02/hanging-up-springtime-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those King cakes are awesome!! And who among us crafty types doesn't like the beads and feathers that come with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! A happy birthday to your dad!! Your King Cake looks a whole lot better than mine did when it arrived! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I am very sad now that I, a resident of Louisiana, did not even get one taste of King Cake this year. I even attended a Mardi Gras Ball! There is just no excuse for that. Now, who will find the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found your blog through My One World - One Heart Giveaway and wanted to invite you to visit my blog.

    I am having a give away of an original pen and ink drawing for my One World-One Heart Give Away

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH I love those. my husbands aunt sent us one a few years ago YUMM O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Happiest of Birthdays to Pops!!
    scrumptious lookin' cake!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!!!! I never saw this one before love u sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.