Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wee Picasso

I LOVE kid's artwork. I especially love MY kids' artwork. I cannot tell you how many times I have been inspired by their creativity. Some of the things my wee ones come up with just amaze me. I love what their little minds can create. I love their free-spirit, their innocence, their freedom of creativeness. I am often envious of the way they sit & just draw without thinking or create something on the fly. I wish I could do that. I think I think too hard sometimes. I concentrate & rack my brain to come up with the perfect idea. They just sit & paint with a perma-smile.

So, I was thinking today about how happy it makes me to look at their artwork. It makes me smile---every time. I decided to add a new blog feature. It's just gonna be an ever-revolving picture on the right somewhere of my favorite picks of my girls' handiwork. And hopefully it'll make you smile too!

(I hope you realize these words all come from a completely unbiased mommy of the two greatest kidlets in the world.)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, wait a minute! MY daughter's artwork is the best! Kidding-they'll probably be blog buddies someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with kids, its all about the process. we are too concerned with the end result and how it will be percieved. sorry if the former art teacher is showing.
    crochet used to be my process. i never really made anything. i would just crochet and crochet and usually end up pulling it all out and rolling it back up. but then i discovered the cupcakes and well you can see where that has lead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so agree - i just LOVE kids' artwork. there's nothing quite like it. come check out my chocolate giveaway on my blog, and spread the word!!! plenty for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looove it!!
    little ones art work always seems to be fresh and inspirational to me...I have tons plastering my walls much to our realtors chagrin!!lol!
    Can't wait to see what your Wee Picassos create...
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.