Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Cupcakes!

I've been on the hunt for a scrumptious cupcake recipe. And I do believe I found one. While googling, I stumbled upon these Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes. I was on a mission to bake up a batch of yummy cakies for my friend Tia. Yesterday was her birthday & I wanted to surprise her with something special. The funny thing is, she came over to my house for an impromptu visit--right before I was going to make her treats. So, I thought, "What's better than receiving a batch of most excellent cupcakes? Helping to make them, of course!"
The cupcakes were delicious! We were quite impressed with ourselves I must say. Enjoy some pics & get the recipe at the end of this post! (Oh, by the way--they're SUPER easy to make!)










Life's too short to not tell your friends they rock, so I thought I'd interrupt here & say a few words about Tia. Tia is a mom, like me, & so we "get" a big part of each other. I love her willingness to be spontaneous with me & go along with my sometimes silly antics or goofball schemes. I envy her ability to organize---her grocery lists, her to-do lists, her meal planning, her kid's schedules, etc. She is definitely a giggle friend. If I could, I'd have little slots of "Tia time" every day. I love her tremendously kind & caring spirit. She is one of the most thoughtful people I know. She gives more than she receives & she deserves to have cupcakes every day. I love you my friend! Happy Birthday Tia!!!! You rock!
Filling:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter chips (or just use more chocolate if you want)

Cupcakes:
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 Tbs. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla

In a bowl, beat cream cheese. Add sugar, egg, salt. Mix well. Fold in chips. Set aside. For cupcakes, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix well. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with 2 Tbs. of cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350ยบ for 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Makes 18.

**The blogger whose recipe I got this from said she actually got 21 cupcakes out of this. The recipe says it'll make 18. But I only got 16. (I had about 3/4 cup of filling left over.) I also substituted the peanut butter chips for white chocolate chips. You could also use butterscotch! Yum!
Now, wipe the drool off your keyboard & go make some!!

10 comments:

  1. omg! I almost fell over when I saw the first cupcake photo cuz you know what cupcakes do to me. lol!! I love them!! What a great read and thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SO making these! HB tia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they were choco. cookies in a cupcake...maybe try that and let me know what happens...instead of cheese cake? would it explode?hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this obsession with cupcakes right now, I will be making these for sure! They look delish! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah what sweet friends you are and what a lovely post, I wish I liked cream cheese cause they look so yummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki,
    I love your blog and just nominated you for an award over at my blog. Keep up the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Yummy! Those look fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my mouth started watering at that first picture. hello! not much in this world can top the combination of chocolate and cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait to make these! They look right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.