Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Weekend!


Ok, so my planning for the ONE HOUR SALE was not THE best. I left out my dear WhiMSy love fans on the east coast---not intentionally! I do love you so. I guess time zones are to be considered. What a doink head I am. I have learned my lesson & now I know for next time. And there WILL be a next time. Very soon, I promise.


I had fun filling the shop though! It's all stuffed & fluffed with goodies for the weekend. Lots of vintage button rings & other things for all the last minute holiday shoppers!


This afternoon I shall be away on a boat...scooting down the river & enjoying the scenery while munching on a fabulous lunch. I'll be helping to celebrate a surprise birthday for a friend. The girls are SO excited about their boating adventure. I can't wait! I've never done anything like that before.



And after our boat excursion, Mr. WhiMSy love & I will be going it alone overnight for his annual holiday work party. We get to leave the wee ones with grandparents & par-tay with our bad selves. (Which just means we talk the whole trip about the girls & wonder what they're doing.)

I do think I've talked my traveling partner into hitting up some antique malls for a bit of fork hunting.

His company has a gift exchange every year, so we shopped for gifts last night at Costco. I picked out one of those little digital photo keychain thingies. Quite neato if you ask me! But since the hubby couldn't find anything to give, I gave him THAT awesome gift & picked out a giant basket filled with lovely smelling bath things instead. (Gotsta look out for the ladies in the group. Holla!) I get competitive during these "stealing" gift games. But, I'm not really that familiar with his workmates, so I may keep my clawing hands hidden away this time. On the "d.l." if ya know what I'm sayin'...

That's my packing list so far. Even if I only had the top 4, I'd be good to go. Oh, is it weird to see my handwriting? I bet it is. And those little boxes on the left? I like to fill them in. No check marks. They must be filled in. But they don't have to be ALL the way filled in. Just a random slash-slash-slash of the pen in the box. Tia & I had this little conversation the other day about 'to-do lists'. She likes to cross the item off her list--as in, draw a line through the whole thing. Nope, not me. I have to have boxes. Isn't that funny?

I'll be sure & take lots of random pics on my weekend adventures to entertain you upon my return. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a draw a line through it tpw of gal but if the list starts to look too messy I will transfer uncrossed items to a new list which means new things will end up added as well, so it's like the list that wouldn't end.

    Have fun this weekend- it all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like to cross things off my list too - with a LINE. happy kid free night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I need a get-away with Mr. katydiddy! I LOVE to do lists. I even add stuff to them that I already did that day just so I can check them off. I know, it's an unnatural love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.