Monday, December 8, 2008

SNOW?? On my blog??

Snow? I don't see any snow. I have no idea what you people are talking about....

http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html

(Thanks to Lydia of Understand Blue for giving me her snowy secret!)



JANUARY UPDATE: I took the snow off because I'm ready for Spring. (haha!)

I can't believe it's Monday. What a weird weekend. My house is a crafty bazaar mess. Time to sort through all the boxes & organize.
I'm really excited because Mr. WhiMSy love is going to help me set up a shipping station outside of my art studio. (Which will be in our bedroom. How romantic huh?) I don't have a proper spot to package & ship orders & I think it'll really help keep me organized. I have this vision of odds-n-ends pieces (such as hooks, shelves, cubbies, etc.) hanging on the wall above the "shipping table", storing all the necessary items for packing & mailing. I'll be sure & show you my work-in-progress. I think we're going to get started on it in the next couple of days!



I thought I'd show you a close-up of the paper banner I made for the holiday bazaar last weekend. It was one of those last-minute things. I really wanted to make a nice fabric one, but I just didn't have time. To make it, I cut a half oval shape from regular ole computer printer paper with decorative scalloped scissors. Then, I used a glue stick to adhere another half oval shape on top of it, cut just a little smaller from various scrapbook papers, using straight scissors. I painted on each letter with black paint, punched two holes in the corners of each letter, strung some ribbon through & attached it to my fabric tablecloth with some 1" buttons I already had made. I'll work on getting a more permanent sign made, but if you're in a hurry, this speedy sign does the trick!

Hey, I'm planning a last-minute holiday shopping sale at WhiMSy love. I haven't fine tuned all the details, but it's gonna be THIS Friday--Dec 12th at midnight!! You know, one of those 1-2 hour sales with gang buster dealios & awesome sales? Where you have to get there quick or miss out on all the awesome stuff? Yeah, one of those. I'm getting some fun bargains mapped out, so stay tuned!


Thanks to everyone who left comments & emailed well wishes for my first holiday bazaar--& for those who gave condolences about my grandpa. I think it's so cool how kind you are!

1 comment:

  1. The owlie tree turned out perfect! I'm going to be watching for that shipping station, my organization in this area is frightening. I need help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.