Friday, January 9, 2009

A Weekend Away...

I'll be gone this weekend on an adventure of sorts. My sis & bro & I will be leaving at 5 in the MORNING (?!!!?!) tomorrow on our way to Seattle (a 3 1/2 hour drive on a good weather day) to see our dad, who just had surgery. Cancer sucks & it's definitely taken our family on a little ride. The rollercoaster kind. And I hate rollercoasters.

Despite our reasons for traveling, the 3 of us are very excited about hanging out (without spouses or kids) & just being together. We're all in our 30's now & I can't even remember the last time it was just "us". Maybe never?

The mountain passes have been closed due to weather & avalanche warnings. Thankfully they've opened up & we can squeeze on through.

Thanks so much to all my blog friends, Etsy friends & Twitter friends who've sent prayers & well wishes. It really means a lot to me--& to my family.

And you better believe I'm packing a GIANT bag of crafty things to do. (**To view one of the projects I'll be working on, see & click photo up top**) Although, me + cars usually = sleepy girl. I've always been that way. My sis has already said she's planning on keeping me awake the WHOLE time. But 5 AM??!! Hey, maybe I'll get a random burst of inspiration at that time----a morning hour I rarely see. I doubt it though. I'm pretty sure I'll be in some sort of daze or tired stupor. Or sleeping with my eyes open just to appease my sister.

I'll be back Monday.

Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Drive safely and enjoy your time away. Your family will be in my prayers, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have safe travels, and a memorable time with your sibs! I bet your Dad will be glad to see all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope it goes well and that your dad is ok! i love seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful driving, have fun with your sibs, and I'll be praying for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it always seems to me that family hardships have a way of bringing us all together...after life has taken us all on our own journey...Isn't it nice that you have two siblings to travel with, to bond with, to share.
    That photo of your dad and yourself is beautiful. what a nice looking man. May God bless you all.
    Hugs,
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of your dad. Enjoy your time with him adn the rest of your family! Your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear about your dad. prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your dad is feeling better soon.

    something for you...

    http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2009/01/whoo-hoo-another-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.