Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sweet Valentine


I had SO much fun this week shopping for Valentine cards-----at my favorite antique spot. Not only could I get some very sweet vintage lovelies, but they were about HALF the price you'd spend at a card shop! Of course, I'm all into makin' cards too, but this year I went vintage. I ABSOLUTELY love the dumbbell card. It's for Mr. WhiMSy love. We don't do the mushy stuff so well. I mean, honestly, do I feel all the things those lengthy, mushy, wordy cards say? Not at all. haha!


And I had to show the card I gave to my friend Tia. I And I better show the inside, or you'd think I'd gone mad.
The red on this poodle card is a fuzzy texture & the fluffy white on the skunk is covered in glitter. They don't make cards like they used to.
Tonight I'll be making a nice spaghetti dinner. We'll have sparkling cider in fancy glasses. The girls always feel so special drinking from fancy glasses. And we'll have candlelight. And then Mr. WhiMSy love wants to take us all out for dessert at a restaurant. He already splurged on the girls & got them each a bouquet of heart shaped balloons, giant stuffed animals & large boxes of chocolate. They'll feel spoiled for sure.
Hope your day is sweet!

11 comments:

  1. Those cards are so cute!What great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! I want to shop at YOUR antique store -- the ones around here charge 2x as much for a vintage Valentine as the new ones! But I did manage to dig through and find a couple of cheap ones; they're not as cute as yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are adorable!

    It sounds like you and your girls will be nicely spoiled today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THESE!! :) LOL. My grandma once got me the card that said nobody liked me (exact same one!) and I remember crying because I thought she really didn't like me. :) We're doing the spaghetti thing tonight too which excites the kids because that's a guaranteed bath in our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, those cards are too funny!

    I'm not into the sappy ones either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards Nikki. Fancy cups? Good idea! Easy way to dress up a meal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dumb bell card - that is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HONEST SCRAP AWARD - TAG YOU'RE IT- SEE MY BLOG FOR DETAILS
    http://craftylittleharlan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh..goodness..hugs..Happy Valentines to you all you guys.!!!
    Xo
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did the sparkling cider in fancy glasses and candle light too. We feasted on heart shaped pizza though. lol Great cards! I lurve vintage ones. I mostly just hoard hi res scans I find online though.

    Happy Valentine's day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I remember some cards like these when I was a kid! Especially that skunk one, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.