Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Cleaning Bug

I know, I know. You're thinking, "3 posts in one day?!" But, all of a sudden I got the bug. The Spring Cleaning bug that is. I can't wait for Spring!! And I want to be ready to welcome it BEFORE it gets here. And, since my girls are off school all week--due to parent/teacher conferences, I thought I'd take advantage of my "free" time (& their capable helping hands) & clean, clean, clean. You know, that deep kinda cleaning. I thought I'd start with the kitchen first. It's the hardest-- to me anyway. And I like to get the hard stuff out of the way.I'm taking it one step at a time & one room at a time so I don't have a meltdown. Because cleaning, as you know, is not my first choice of things to do. EVER. If you'd like to join me, go right ahead! And let's reward ourselves! How about a new mat for the kitchen? Or a new set of handmade dishtowels? (I like this!) Or a yummy scented hand soap for the sink?
**And just a reminder! I have 7 participants so far in the Couch Cushion Cooties Contest! Send me a pic of your couch cooties to be entered in the drawing next Monday! You MUST send me a pic to be eligible for the drawing! Thanks!
So, put on some loud tunes & rock out while you're making everything all sparkly & shiny-like! Tomorrow's Cleaning Plan: The Living Room/Family Room/Dining Room!!
See you then!

14 comments:

  1. I hate cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Hubby cleaned the stove yesterday which was super nice of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we did our Spring cleaning today too - must be something in the air.

    Oh, my daughter has decided that being the future WhimsyLove2 would be a neat job. She is 12, and today made her very first sewn star pillow thingy. He's really cute, and she wanted you to see him.

    check him out on my blog - http://www.xanga.com/Mom2BJT

    anyway, I thought you'd enjoy seeing him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in the military, so cleaning has become something I now hate to do. But BECAUSE of being in the military and the whole clean-the-lint-trap-with-a-Qtip (I kid you not) that was whacked in our heads, I see dirt where no one else sees it... and it bugs the hell out of me!

    But not enough to pull out the Qtips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Wanna come clean my pantry, yours looks so neat and tiddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby is a clean FREAK... so spring cleaning is a year round chore in this house. Although, I do slack!!!

    I'll be tomorrow though for you living room challenge!! I have a mountain of laundry waiting for me on my couch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually find pleasure in cleaning. I guess I'm an oddball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You too, huh? Mine is more a put-those-boxes-away-before-the-appraiser-gets-here cleaning than a spring cleaning, but it seems to be the time of year for it anyhow.
    No matter how much I clean I can't keep the stupid flies outta my upstairs since there are no screens on the windows, so I broke down today and bought a carnivorous plant. No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm...I'm a day behind.

    Yesterday, I cleaned One Toilet. (Hold your applause, please.)

    Today...I will tackle the kitchen...and whatever else you tell me to do. Command, oh master. :-p (And then get my two babies to cooperate! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love deep cleaning - in sections. Kitchen was this weekend, along with three bedrooms. I'll do the family/dining room today, but bathrooms belong to my husband, which was a stipulation to my marrying him almost 10 years ago!

    mavis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed a ton of posts! How did that happen!? Happy Anniversary. Happy Spring Cleaning! Happy Gum in Yer Hair! Happy Cookie Recipe! Did I miss anything? Seriously, as usual your posts amuse and your photos are pure eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! One more thing. Did you that, in Feng Shui, a clean stove brings you prosperity?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we have the same stove!! And 2 of the four burners on my seem to match yours as well....
    My inlaws are coming this weekend for a visit, but she is not a housekeeper by any means, so at least I don't have to work hard to meet her standards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the cleaning and organizing, laundry? NO!

    Guess where Mr. ArtInFlight and I went for our 10th anneversary? Wendy's! HA
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.