Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

A few random bits about my dad...

*As a kid, if I really, reaLLY, REALLY wanted to do something & I had a choice to ask mom or dad, I asked dad.

*I love hanging out with my dad. He is so silly. And goofy. And when he laughs really hard: It. Is. The. Best.

*I once tricked my dad into eating dog jerky. He liked it & would've eaten the whole stick if I hadn't been keeled over bursting with laughter.

*My dad has a tattoo on his right shoulder of the Playboy bunny. As a kid, I used to take a marker & trace a bunny body on it.

*After mom tucked me, my bro & sis into our beds, dad always had a nightly routine: after getting all squeaky clean in the tub, he'd come in our rooms & shake his wet hair on us.

*Our family went on a vacation to Disney World when I was 7. I caught my dad sneaking money INTO the wallets of his wee kidlets.
*When I see cozy, comfy, long-sleeved, plaid, buttoned-up, collared, flannel shirts, I think of my dad.

*I think, when I was a kid, if dad had his way we'd have food fights every night for dinner. Mom kept it real.

*My dad & I took a backpacking trip when I was 17. Just he & I. Great memories. I made my dad a journal/photo-book filled with sketches & diary entries from our trip. It's the most favorite thing I've ever made.

Dad, I really think I'm the luckiest girl in the whole universe.
Everything a good heart in this world should have, you have given me.
I love you!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful...great post for your dad...Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky girl you are. I love hearing about sweet sweet dads like yours.
    best,

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read this! so sweet ! It same how I feel that how you feel when you see long sleeved and plaid, that my dad always wear this! it make me smile when I see you said that.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was a really great post...happy fathers day to all the dads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tribute for your dad! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm really late and all, but I'm catching up. Been hectic.

    I just have to say that when you talk about your Dad it makes me cry, in a good way.

    This may sound weird. It seems weird bouncing around in my head.

    My Dad was never around...like ever...I went 8 years (8-16) without knowing if he was alive or dead, but somehow it seems okay when I read about a dad like yours.

    Always there. Making memories for all of us.

    Way to go for your Dad. He rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine. I have some good memories; but not that style.
    What did you blame for teenage angst??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.