Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Came. I Saw. I Fished.


 Yahoo! My fishing adventure was a success!
Honestly, I mostly just enjoyed hanging out with my brother. We had 2 1/2 hours to troll Lake Wallula in the quiet-mucky-yucky-rainy-wet-grey day-weather. We had no bites all morning & were heading back in. Until.....my prize showed up.
It's funny 'cause I had just been talking to Andrew about how we should try some different bait. Particularly some ham-n-cheese sandwiches in the cooler. He just thought I was weird, but I was seriously gonna pull my pole in & loop some hammy goodness on that hook of mine.

I reeled & squealed & was as giddy as any fishing girl could be.




It was pretty cold out there. I borrowed the giant coat from Mr. WhiMSy love & the ski pants, snow boots & fishing gloves from my bro. The Vera Wang hat is mine.


I passed the time by drinking lots of hot cocoa, munching on Doritos & pop tarts, looking at all the sparkly shiny things in my bro's tacklebox, asking all sorts of fishy questions, & taking pictures of everything.

I also thought of a cool business: there needs to be a little boat out there on the lake that trolls around & offers warm yummy drinks & delicious snack treats to the other fishers. Wouldn't that be neato?


Oh yeah, & I did some jumping! A wee fishing boat jump! Can you believe it? My brother is now on the list of people that officially think I'm nuts.







Oh, & I had to laugh at this: In my brother's wallet he showed me a pic with him & an 18 pound steelhead he caught last week---right next to the picture of his daughter. Isn't that hilarious?! I loved it.


So, here's my smelly catch! It's a 10 lb Chinook Salmon.
My brother said he was rather proud to see his sister catch a fish. (Awww....)

Ok. One more.


I loved fishing. I think I'm hooked. (har har har!)

19 comments:

  1. eww, you touched it! My mom and her hubby have a boat, and have tried for years to get me on it, but its just not going to happen, I'm to scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the catch. Your pictures are wonderful, looks like you had an amazing fishing experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! congrats hun! YOU DID IT! and had a ton of fun to boot!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me laugh!!!!!!

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!! Glad you had a fun time fishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you go, Mama!! Mmm...love me some fresh salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hilarious , you are nuts ! that's why i like ya !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the whole boats with hot drinks and snacks sounds like a great idea!!! You might be onto something. I enjoy being out in a boat on the lake. I love to fish, as long as my husband baits the hook and takes the fish off! I only cast and reel it in! You did GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy. The fish picture in the wallet? SO like my family.

    Where'd you get that AWESOME hat? I'd love to have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had fun. I went last weekend with my dad and I caught 3 out of the 5 fish. Yeah me, I love fishing! Wish I had someone as cute to fish with as you did ;) Not saying my dad's not a looker but he's kinda married to my MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dad has a kiss the fish picture similar to your first one - he goes to Canada and fishes for walleye every year. I only have 1 sibling and he lives about 8 hours away; it has been a long time since we have done anything just the two of us! I need to work on that when I go home to visit at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an entertaining post! Sounds like you had fun even though it was cold. Bet the salmon's going to make a good meal too...yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one ugly fish! Did ya cook 'em up?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is one big fish! Love the straight on mouth shot...

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness! that is some fish! and you jumped? you are the awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a cup cake crafter, not a fisherman. http://www.cupcakecrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has nothin to do with fish, although I'm super impressed that you went and actually caught something! Just wanted to say I saw your Wild Things puppet on Crafty Crow, FUN! I'm the one who commented before about doing some stop motion with my son, and now that he's seen the video he can't stop talking about it! Have fun cooking up the salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are too much fun, girl!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i heart fishing too. salmon is my catch of choice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.