Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week in Reivew: April 18-24

Some weeks I feel like I didn't do a whole lot. And then I put together my "Week in Review" & I change my mind. Like this week...

I had another super fantastic evening with my Knit Witz group. Three friends & I have formed a knitting/crochet posse. And I officially started my first big project: a blanket! I am just knitting squares & squares & more squares. And I'll eventually stitch them all together into a giant blanket. I decided on 20 squares (4 squares with 5 different stitches). 1 1/2 squares down. 18 1/2 to go. Right now I'm just at the point where I want to knit this stitch & that stitch, oh! & that one too....but I can't decipher the knitting codes. And I've decided: knitting IS brain surgery. But, oh, how awesome it feels to be conquering one of my crafty intimidations!! The Knit Witz also had a fun little celebration in honor of my birthday & the lovely awards I recently won. I was even surprised with a cake that said "Happy Birthday Award Winning Nikki". It made me laugh & smile real big. (It even had an owl on it!) There were prezzies too: My first self-healing cutting mat (It was pink!) & 12 cans of 'Think Pink' salmon! (There was a theme...)

There were also the Easter projects to make: chocolate lollipops & felt bunny finger puppets & little goodie bags to assemble & pass out to the kidlets on Easter morning at church.

And, of course, the traditional painting of the Easter eggs. Last year I started dyeing eggs with the girls on the actual day OF Easter. I love doing it this way so much more. I always grew up dyeing them with my siblings a day or two before Easter. And this year was our 2nd annual Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt. SO. MUCH. FUN. I also fill a basket with little toys & trinkets for the girls every year. This year I spied adorable butterfly nets & dainty wooden Chinese fans at Pier 1 Imports. (Among other things...)

Mr. WhiMSy love bought the first package of sidewalk chalk of the season... I was gifted with a tiny bouquet, plucked by tiny hands. (Around here that means Spring has officially begun.)... I created a "first" while crafting: wire/bead nest pendants. (SO excited to show the Bayard MOPS group how to make them!)...

I had a VERY relaxing Easter weekend. The girls had playdates aplenty. Daddy worked on his sermon. Mommy worked & played & crafted. There were egg hunts (4 total between all of us). And on Easter Sunday we enjoyed a BBQ at a friend's house, where I eventually fell asleep on the couch with a full belly & a happy heart.

(P.S. Thank you Jesus for what you did for me...)

Click HERE for a photo play-by-play.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.