Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankfulness: Day #15

I'm thankful for...
...Family Night.

The Mr. & I have really made an effort this past year to dedicate one night a week as "Family Night". We reserve Tuesays for this occasion & the girls look forward to it. In fact, as Pazely was getting ready for school this morning, she asked me, "Mom, what are we going to do tonight?"
Sometimes it's a hot dog weenie roast in the firepit outside. Sometimes it's board games. Sometimes it's dinner out.
Tonight it was lots of things... The girls & I played with some new air-dry clay. Then Pazely & I cleaned up the mess while Zoey & her dad competed in some airplane dogfighting on the Wii. Then, I played with Pazely's hair. Then, I read another chapter of "On the Banks of Plum Creek".
Mostly our plans are on-the-fly. Mostly they are non-extravagant. It's just the fact that we're in the moment with each other. And it makes us all feel good & happy inside.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.