Thursday, March 12, 2009

Haystacks

Yesterday I made this really quick, super sweet, sugary snack. They're called "haystacks", but I made some look like "nests". They'd be cute for Easter treats & you could even incorporate those really sweet pastel candied eggs for a whole Spring themed treat.
Anyway, here's the easy-peasy recipe:
Melt 2/3 CUP peanut butter & one bag (11 or 12 oz.) of butterscotch chips. Then, add 6 oz. crispy chow mein noodles. Drop by the spoonful onto wax (or parchment) paper.

9 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. I'll have to try this one day for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this recipe before, but the nest thing and the eggs...hmmmm...you are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these growing up and my mama always threw in dry roasted peanuts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these with fiber one cereal and they are a little healthier but very, ahem, "cleansing?". :) Really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those! My mom used to make them all the time when I was a kid. I should make some for Goose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These not only look yummy, but cute. Maybe you can put jelly beans or blue m&m's as little Robin's eggs in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of these but they sounds SO good! I'll have to link to them (and try them!) in my next food roundup. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for sharing! My four year old has a craft looming that needed just eight of these noodles, for spider legs. We don't just keep them around, so I was going to skip it. Now I have a purpose to buy and use the whole can. YEA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.