Friday, June 26, 2009

Playdough!

Yesterday Pazely asked me to make playdough. And so I gladly came to her rescue. (Thanks to the cream of tartar that happened to be in the ole cupboard---waaaay in the back of the cupboard.)
I forgot how easy it was to make playdough. It seriously took about 5 minutes.

Dump in all these ingredients over medium heat:
1 CUP warm water
1 CUP flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 CUP salt
1 teaspoon oil
food coloring
Stir, stir, stir...& very quickly the soupy mess turns to the lovely consistency known as "playdough".

(The girls & I separated the dough into 3 small balls & then added our colors---smooshing with our hands until it was all kneaded into the dough.)
Here's a link to a recipe I used. There are 8 different playdough recipes listed. The one we tried was the "Traditional Playdough". Zoey is eager to make the edible Peanut Butter Playdough.

6 comments:

  1. My grandma used to make me the PB kind when I was little. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute picture collage - it really captures play dough! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and wanted to say hi. I LOVE making playdough except that it stains my hands :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post, and the fun pics that accompany it---especially the frog cutter with a TONGUE!!! frogs are my very favorite. your girls have got a cool mom! enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned to make this recipe when I worked at Children's Hospital, it was one of the kids' favorite activities. Squishing play doh is therapeutic on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this - I remember making playdough with my mom when I was a kid! My 3-year-old daughter and I have been having fun making all different colors this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.