Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Alvin & the Chipmunks & Other Stuff...

I heard a song on the radio yesterday & it totally took me back to a long lost memory. I think it's kinda cool when that happens. My memory is from 7th grade. The song? "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield. The only thing is, the version I remember in my 7th grade memory was sung by Alvin & The Chipmunks. Two friends-Ann & Michelle- & I dressed up & performed this song at our school talent show. Guess who the dorky skinny chipmunk with nerd glasses was? Yep, I was Simon. I wore a blue turtle neck & everything. I even played the air guitar on one of my other chipmunk friends legs. Totally awesome. We came in 6th place. There were only 6 performers. But we had fun & I rocked it hard. Like a chipmunk.



I think the reason the whole chipmunk memory came about is because I was thinking about Halloween & the whole dressing up bit. My girls keep changing their minds about what they want to be. So, Pazely is going to be part puppy, part ballerina, part bat. And Zoey wants to be half butterfly, half princess. Is this normal? I wonder.




Ok, onto crafty stuff... I'm trying to get my tushy groovin' into some Christmas craftiness. I know I am late in the game. I am working on a colored pencil drawing that I created as a Christmas card this year for the shop. I'm just having trouble printing them/scanning them/getting them to look super duper on notecards. Next week I'm heading to Kinko's to see if they can be of any help.




I'm also working on a couple styles of ornaments for the shop. I hope to finish this weekend & get them listed next week, along with other festive decor. Can you guess what the picture is? I'll reveal later. It's going in the shop too.

6 comments:

  1. well, i'd say it's a fabulous impersonation of garland too! Great idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought garland too, it looks very whiMSy love.
    I lovwed the chipmunks. lol.
    The cupcake is gorgeous can't wait to see finished card
    kara
    xx
    p.s. did your parcel turn up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik! :) Love the garland and the cupcake card!

    And guess what?? My friends Liz and Tracy and I did the Chipmunks too!!! :) (But I was Theodore! :) I was, uh, a little pudgy in 4th grade! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nik! :) Love the garland and the cupcake card!

    And guess what?? My friends Liz and Tracy and I did the Chipmunks too!!! :) (But I was Theodore! :) I was, uh, a little pudgy in 4th grade! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.