Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday Stuff

I can't believe this Grateful Days Challenge is almost over. What a cool thing it has been---thanks Jerusalem! It's funny 'cause I'm thankful for so much---too much to list of course---but, it was kind of a challenge to think of how to put my thankful thoughts into words. It was a great exercise. A great challenge.





So, today I continue with my thankful thought....I'm thankful for my camera. I LOOOOOVE my camera & I would be so bored without it. I've been a picture-taker for a long time now & have gone through SO many cameras. (The picture above is one of MAAAAAANY self-portraits. I'm bare of makeup & so that's why I darkened the picture so much & tweaked the color. HAHA!) Maybe it's not that I love my camera so much as I just love taking pictures. (Or maybe it's that I love MYSELF so much---with the excess of self-portraits & all. Hmm.) I am not a great photographer. I've had my moments, sure. But it's so cool to love doing something, even if you're not that superb at it--simply because it brings you joy.


AND, one of my vintage button rings was in a treasury listed on the front page of Etsy! YAY! It was up at 1am my time, so I didn't see it, but I found out it was on there. (Even the curator of the list didn't realize her list got on the front page.) Here's the treasury that was picked: (Don't know how long this link will work, but here it is:) http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=15992 AND, I sold the ring too! Woot, woot!



I found a really cute & VERY Christmas-y vintage apron last weekend. Here's a peek at the colors. I'm planning on "cupcake-ing" it up & putting it in the shop this weekend. I'll be working on that this evening. And Wednesday nights are one of my "leave mommy alone" crafting nights so I'll be spending some time working on goodies for the shop & watching my beloved Project Runway!!!! A beautiful night ahead, indeed.



If I don't get a chance to say it tomorrow, I'll say it now: HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you played along with my little experiment! I almost posted about how grateful I am for my camera too - how funny is that? Have a great Thanksgiving and Congrats on making the Etsy Front Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always get picked for tresuries!!!! ugg. lol
    happy thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post, congrats on the ring, treasury really works. I never get to get mine up.
    Love the piccy and I love camera too, can I be cheeky and ask what you have I am on the lookout for a new one
    kara
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I love this apron, I have 2 from my MIL's old stash, they are worn when I head out to the studio in Alexandria to do metalsmithing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.