Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wee Pie Tutorial

I have been slaving all day over a hot oven baking these delectable treats.....Not really!! These are adorably sweet miniature pies that I learned to make from one of my favorite crafty shows, Creative Juice. Of course there's a tutorial on their website, but being slightly tutorial obsessed at the moment, I HAD to make my own "how-to".

Here are the supplies you'll need:
marker
scissors
bottlecaps
seed beads
clear glue
pie crust colored felt (a.k.a. tan)

First, trace your bottlecap onto the felt.


Cut out your circle. This will be the pie crust.



Cover the bottom & sides of the inside of the bottlecap with clear glue.




Press the circular felt piece into the cap, pushing with your fingertip all along the sides...

...until it looks like this:


Now, fill the pie crust with glue...


...& pour your choice of pie filling into the crust. In the tutorial I have made cherry pie. blueberry pie & a pink pie that the girls I call "fizzle-berry pie". What about peach or lemon? Ooooh, or CHOCOLATE!



Gently smoosh the beads into the glue. You might want to dump any extra beads out. You can even add a bit more glue & sprinkle more beads on top.


Cut out 6 small strips of tan felt, each about 1 1/4" in length.



Squeeze out some glue & place the strips across the pie to simulate the pastry lattice on top of some pies. I cut my strips a little longer on purpose...


...because you'll cut the extra long bits off.


And that's it! Perfect for a Barbie treat, or add a magnet for some yummy fridge decor!

Tomorrow I'll show how to make a tiny sponge cake!

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! I love these, I am sooo going to have to make some magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic idea! Everything is cuter in miniature. I'll be linking to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet!
    Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are just ADORABLE! you give the best tutorials nikki! the sponges are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMgosh!!!! I cant believe I just came across this..BRILLIANT!!!!
    I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness what an ADORABLE idea! Thank you so very much for sharing!! Have a WONDERFUL day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. I've been searching for eons (Ok, about 30 mins, lol.) for a neat project to make with the bottle caps I've been collecting. These are TOO FREAKING CUTE. Thank you. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg what's cuter than itty bitty pies? Thanks for sharing yet another adorable idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG LOVE. Was looking for some crafty Christmas things for co-workers and I really want to make these! Fun, too. Thanks, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these! How creative! I would love for you to link up any of your projects to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    And, I'm a new follower :)

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I must make some, these would be so cute as magnets. I am also thinking of pins or other jewelry items.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat een leuk idee voor in het poppenhuis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is the cap flattened in any way? The ridge looks flared out. I want to make these for Girl Scout swaps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Audrey!
      The caps I used were brand new (vintage), never been used on a bottle before. I got them off of ebay. I did not flatten them. But these pies will look cute made with whatever bottlecap you decide to use. Have fun with the Girl Scout swap!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.