Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Diary: Day 23: Tennis Racket Art


I saw this idea on (wait for it....wait for it....) Pinterest!
Click the Pinterest link to get to the instructions.

I purchased 2 badminton rackets & 1 tennis racket at a thrift store for about $8 total.
In the original project, they used embroidery floss to create a heart pattern. I thought it would be easier (& more quick!) to use yarn. And, bonus: Pazely used multicolored yarn, which meant the colors switched on their own & it made the project go quite smoothly!
We cut a couple yards of yarn at a time, using a large needle to thread through the racket. Once done with one strand, we would tie the next strand to the end of the previous strand on the backside.


 Pazely started the project in the afternoon & then we took a break to eat a yummy Father's Day dinner & go play in the sand at the lakes. She finished her racket project in the evening.
I did devote a lot of time helping Pazely understand the pattern of the heart as she got confused.
Which meant I didn't get a chance to play with my racket.
(I can't wait to play too!!)
And Zoey wants to cover her WHOLE racket with yarn, so she didn't finish today either.
I'll add pics of our creations as we finish them!




UPDATE: Ok, I finally finished mine....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.