Sunday, July 12, 2009

Silly Sandwich Toothpicks

Last night I decided to fix some BLT's for din-din. (Ok, they were BLAT's. I added avocado.) While the bacon was sizzling I had a fun idea! I love getting those fancy fringed sandwich toothpicks when I order up a tasty sammie at a restaurant or deli. (It's the simple things that make me giddy.) So, I decided to make up my own version of them.
My old-school Dymo label maker was all I needed! Make 2 labels & stick 'em back-to-back, with the toothpick in-between. If you don't have a label maker in your crafty stash, you can create a similar look by simply stamping letters/words onto circle dot stickers. Again, adhere 2 stickers back-to-back.
Here are a couple other versions I came up with:
Garage sale stickers.


Tiny stars made from a mini punch. A little dab of glue is all you need.
My girls loved these on their sandwiches!
You can totally personalize these for baby showers, weddings, birthdays, etc.
I really could have gone crazy making silly sandwich toothpicks. But I found out that doing this during the prime hours of tummy grumbling is not such a good idea.


8 comments:

  1. adorable! funny thing is that when the picture of the sandwich came up my two year old said, "eat!" and sure enough, it was labeled eat... (purely coincidence, but still hilarious!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, finally all caught up! :-) Love this idea. And I must admit, those sandwiches made me hungry. LOL! You are just so creative. I would love to be that way. What is your secret? I made 35 pairs of earrings yesterday, all unique. Does that count as being crafty? LOL! Oh well, just pop on before bed to say I love that idea. Oh and off topic, loved what you did for your wee one's birthday. For last minute, it looked great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! What a great way to put a smile of their faces! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple but cute way to make mealtime more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea! These would be so much fun at a party! You're awesome....love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea!! I would love to link to it from http://littlenummies.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Every time you do, I do a little happy dance. For reals.